Quote Of The Week – 41 – 2016
How To Never Give Up On Your Dreams – 12 Ways To Become A Dream-Achiever
Did you ever give up on a dream because it was too hard? The secret about how to never give up on your dreams is to become a dream achiever.
“If you are willing to do only what’s easy, life will be hard. But if you are willing to do what’s hard, life will be easy.” T. Harv Eker
What It Means For Me
What happens when you watch TV and the batteries in the remote are empty?
It would make sense to either change the batteries or to switch the program manually by just standing up and walking to the TV. But here is what truly happens:
We are pushing the buttons very hard (with intensifying anger), move the batteries, shake and hit the remote. We try to do everything possible to avoid needing to stand up. If nothing works, we rather watch the same program all night than to take that little walk. The program can be terrible but it would be simply out of our comfort zone to get up and change the damn TV channel.
This is what happened to me a couple of times. Your life is hard because you do what is easy and rather face the consequences than doing what is hard and have a nice evening.
That is of course just an example but it illustrates rather well how we tend to behave.
You can apply the same behavior to other situations in life as well.
You can only get what you are ready to give. The more you give, the more you will get back. In order to be successful, you need to invest a great deal of your time, effort, and willpower to get what you want. Once you get it, you are done. Life gets easier because you achieved your goal and can enjoy the results. Doing what is easy is a common attitude of the majority of people. It is simply our nature to stay within our comfort zone.
Success, however, begins at the end of your comfort zone, this is when you stretch the envelope and get done what has to be done.
What type of person are you?
But in order to be successful in life it is helpful to know which type of person you are:
Here are the four main types of people:
Strugglers – These people are quite pessimistic. They lack in ambition, self-drive, self-confidence , and have little to no developed skills in any areas
Dreamers – These people are quite the opposite of the strugglers. They have great self-believe, are creative and have wonderful ideas. However, they just keep dreaming and lack the initiative and ambition to make their dreams a reality. They may have not the knowledge to achieve their dreams but they are also unwilling to invest in their skills.
Realists – In my opinion this is the majority of the people with a normal job. They limit their goals, dreams, and aspirations to what other people believe is possible
Dream Achievers/Inspirational People
These people do not only believe in themselves, they take active steps to make their dreams a reality. Instead of just dreaming, they form plans that lead them to achieving what they desire. They erase the phrase “you cannot do that” out of their word pool. They are continuously questioning the status quo and strive to improve themselves on all levels. Further, they connect with like-minded people. Instead of having an aversion against successful people they are inspired and try to to learn from them.
What you have to understand is this:
Everyone has a unique talent
Each one of us has a special talent and skill set that is unique. But there are also a lot of things that we are not good at or don’t like to do at all and that is totally fine. So each one of us belongs to all four categories for some areas at least to some extent.
But there has to be something that you are truly passionate about and that you love doing like nothing else. It can be something that is very easy for you and that other people might be unable to perform or are simply unwilling to do.
Once you know what you truly are passionate about and what talent you have then make a plan and go for it! The world needs your talent, your passion, and your inspiration. You can make a difference for yourself and others.
How To Never Give Up On Your Dreams
The simplest way to never give up on your dream is to make it the only option for you. You don’t need to care how you are going to achieve your dream, this is not your business. The only thing that matters is that you are going to do anything possible to make it happen. And you have to tell yourself that it is not over until you say that it is over.
Achieving your dream has to become the only option and you have to keep trying over and over again, until it IS DONE. Once it is done, then it IS DONE. Imagine that it is possible, and then make it possible.
Take dedicated action towards your dream.
12 Ways To Become A Dream-Achiever
Do you hear the voice in your head repeatedly saying that it is not possible? Here is what you can do to silence that voice and find peace in your mind. I got aware of this the first time after reading the “Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle (read my full review here):
- Think Big. If you cannot imagine it, you cannot achieve it. You have the power over your thoughts. You can reprogram your mind in many different ways. Use auto-suggestion to develop positive self-talk, hypnosis, or EFT. Your dream has to become a burning desire within you but not one that consumes you. Let it be the flame that fuels your creativity, motivation, inspiration, and drive.
- Vivid Visualization. Create a clear imaginary experience of your dream and try to imagine already having what you desire. Envision as detailed as possible what is going to happen right after you have achieved your dream. This creates a clear road map for your subconscious mind that it will follow until you reach it. It is not enough to do this once. Instead it is advised to do your goal visualization on a daily basis. Beware of the fact that your mind is constantly broadcasting your thoughts and emotions to the universe. So you better try to be in control of what you send out on a daily basis. This requires conscious effort and commitment on your part. I recommend to enhance the power of your vision by using hypnosis, EFT or self-created affirmations.
- Get Started. Instead of just talking about it, you have to just start and get into radical action. The first step is always the hardest, therefore make it a small one and continue from there. Side note: I did the same with this website, I just started and without much experience and joined this unique community that provides all sorts of training to build your own website. From there I simply got going and let the website take its own direction. It has been constantly changing over the last months and there might be other changes and improvements ahead. This website and myself are far from being perfect but this is okay. Although I was the one who started this website, I feel like it has taken over and I simply get guided by the process itself, rather than being in charge. This is very exiting, and I plan great things for the future, so stay with me, if you like 🙂
- Inner Peace. Keep a steady pace and try to act from a state of inner peace, this will boost your creativity and keep you in alignment with who you are. Ideally, working on your dream is something that you are truly passionate about. In this case it will be a pleasure for you to do what you have to do. And then the thought of quitting is not an option.
- Daily Routine. Make it a daily routine to work on your dream. I recommend to setup a routine that allows you to invest some time each day, ideally in the morning, then the rest of the day will take care of itself.
- Endure Challenges. There are going to be hard times, of course. But any character building obstacle and setback is just another necessary step towards your dream. See any situation as if you have chosen it to be just the way it is. You have chosen this situation to grow out of it and become a greater version of yourself, this applies to positive and negative events. When it gets really tough you have to remember always why you started in the first place. Therefore, it is very important to have a clear vision of your goal.
- Staying Positive. Read these 18 helpful tips that help me to stay positive and why you should not run away from the negative side of of things like your fears and problems. Whatever it is you are denying or try to avoid, it must become stronger as long as you are trying to run away from it, this is in alignment with the Hermetic principle of polarity. Whatever you resist, will persist. Face your fears, embrace them, and become an alchemist. Transform your greatest fears in your strongest assets.
- Be Grateful. Write a gratitude journal and write down what you are grateful for. This way you get into an attitude of gratitude. Write down what you have achieved and get into the habit of honoring what you have done instead of what you haven’t yet. When the hard times come, take a look inside and see what you have achieved.
- Personal Change. You are going to change and grow personally while you are working on your dream. Once you have achieved your dream, people will hardly recognize you. Prepare yourself for that, and prepare yourself that not everybody in your community is going to agree on that. You may lose some of your friends or colleagues because not everyone is going to like to see you succeed. Don’t let other people’s opinion of you become your reality. Get rid of toxic relationships and negative influence.
- Get Inspired. Learn from those that are successful in what you want to achieve. Instead of being jealous, admire them and get inspired by them. Get inspired by people that keep fighting for their dreams. You can find some examples here and here.
- Get a Mentor. Having a mentor can be crucial in your early journey. When you study successful people you are going to realize that they all had some a mentor at one point in their lives. This can be a teacher, business man or a sage. It can be a living person or someone who doesn’t live anymore but wrote a book or achieved great things in his or her life. I personally have various mentors for different areas of my life. I don’t know them personally but I use their teachings to help me through tough times. I suggest you to try out Les Brown who is a great motivational speaker. I collected some videos from him right here.
- Connect. Create a team with others, these can be business partners, joint ventures, or simply social gatherings with like minded people. These events can give you helpful insights on your way towards your dream. You will realize that you are not alone and that others faced the same or even harder situations. Sharing experiences, getting new ideas and inputs are just a few of the benefits you can get. Connect with Holistic Life Transformation on Facebook, Google Plus, or Twitter. Or simply leave a comment and tell me what you want to achieve and maybe I can help you with it as well.
Identifying what you are truly passionate about will help you to do anything necessary until you are done. This it what it means to be truly successful.
Stop procrastination. Don’t care what other people think of you. Unleash your true potential and become a dream-achiever!
Start your holistic life transformation. Change your life today and become your greatest version!
Who Said It
On his website you can find a wide variety of resources, training courses and life events.
As a little bonus for this week’s post, here are 17 powerful statements from T. Harv Eker that may help you to analyze your own beliefs and self-talk:
- Rich people believe “I create my life.” Poor people believe “Life happens to me.”
- Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
- Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people want to be rich.
- Rich people think big. Poor people think small.
- Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
- Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.
- Rich people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.
- Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.
- Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
- Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.
- Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
- Rich people think “both”. Poor people think “either/or”.
- Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
- Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.
- Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
- Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
- Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.”
Check Out The Mind Shop
Confidence Beyond Belief – Combining Hypnosis And EFT To Skyrock Your Confidence
- Focus On Your Confidence Before Anything Else
- Includes the power of hypnosis to program your subconscious mind to build confidence.
- Remove emotional barriers that you have using the power of EFT
- Confidence Beyond Belief Part I+II; Unlimited Confidence Hypnosis
- 8 Weeks Money Back Guarantee! 100% Risk Free!
==> Get Confidence Beyond Belief <==